The 2016 HRPA Designation Excellence Awards
Designated HR Professionals architect people-driven business strategies that add business value to their organizations. To recognize these contributions, the Human Resources Professionals Association is proud to announce the Annual HR Designation Excellence Awards. These awards will honour individual HR excellence at three HRPA designation levels, in alignment with the Professional Competency Framework:
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP)
- Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL)
- Certified Human Resources Executive (CHRE)
A partnership with Great Place to Work Canada
In 2016, these designation excellence awards will be announced at the Great Place To Work Awards Gala in Toronto in April 2016. This gala attracts over 1,000 senior HR leaders and CEOs to celebrate high performing organizations and their HR teams and is a perfect venue to also celebrate designation excellence. The three finalists in each HRPA designation excellence category will be invited attend the gala accompanied by their guest where the winner will be announced based on balloting by HRPA membership. Read more about the Great Place To Work Awards Gala.
Nominate a colleague. Nominate yourself.
The rules are simple.
- Entry is open to any CHRP, CHRL or CHRE in good standing.
- Nominees who are selected as finalists must agree to make themselves available in March 2016 on a date and time of their choosing to record a one minute video explaining how they have met the nomination criteria.
- Finalists must agree to attend the Awards Gala in April in Toronto. Gala tickets for the finalist and a guest are complimentary.
Nominations extended to February 15, 2016
Nominations for the 2016 HRPA Designation Excellence Awards close at midnight, February 15, 2016. Nominations are now closed. A panel of CHRE designated members will then select 3 finalists in each category. HRPA members will then have the opportunity to vote for their favourites. The winners will be announced at the Great Place To Work Awards Gala in Toronto in April 2016.
Certified Human Resources Professional Designation Excellence Award
This award recognizes a CHRP who has demonstrated an outstanding approach to their work that goes beyond conventional expectations of their level of seniority.
Criteria for consideration of this award includes:
- Demonstration of real understanding of organizational priorities and how HR can help achieve these objectives
- Demonstration of characteristics associated with business knowledge, strategic intent, business partnering, emotional intelligence and resilience
- Demonstration of innovative thinking to challenging situations and brings fresh perspectives to the overall HR team and wider organization
Certified Human Resources Leader Designation Excellence Award
This award recognizes a CHRL who has excelled within the HR function and across the organization by partnering with other business functions to achieve bottom-line performance. Criteria for consideration of this award includes:
- A strategic approach to all aspects of HR management
- Demonstration of an approach that benchmarks and strives for HR excellence within the function
- Has quantifiably contributed to achievement of organizational success metrics
Certified Human Resources Executive Designation Excellence Award
This award recognizes a CHRE who has demonstrated outstanding leadership at the executive level. Criteria for consideration for this award includes:
- Successful implementation of a people-driven strategy that directly and quantifiably contributes to the achievement of the organization’s long-term strategic objectives
- Effective implementation of bold, visionary, innovative people strategies
- Creation of an executive culture in which people issues are at the heart of every important business decision